Thursday, May 29, 2014

I received a check...

Good day Frank, I received a check from a lady the other day and she seemed fishy, come to find out the check she wrote me was issued on an account that was closed. I have her drivers license # and phone #. I am unsure what are the proper steps to take. The amount was for $1.000.00 and change. 
Any help or ideas on the proper way to tackle this situation? 
Do you think her bank give me a papers stating that the account is closed?
Thank you

“OK if the lady seemed fishy” why you took the check? However call your customer (the fishy lady) and make her aware of the bounce check and see if she has other means of payment. If she does not tell her you are going to the police and charges will be filed. Other option doesn’t even bother calling your customer and go straight to the police. Before you go to the police make sure you have a statement from the bank where she banks at stating that the funds are not available. Make a copy of the check and statement for your records and go to the police please make no mistakes about it Police are NOT a collection agency and they will not guarantee that you will get your money back they go after a crime I am not an attorney but I am sure and depends on states over $500.00 it is a felony! . Then go to small claims court sue your customer for the amount of the check and court cost and filing fees. But my advice before you’re investing time and more money discuss this situation with your family attorney and follow his/her advices. Good luck, and next time follow your first felling. 

F.C.Investigations

Frank Crescentini

No comments:

Post a Comment